Search This Blog

Music, art and endless entertainment

Feminist blogging, Fashion blogging, the latest guilty pleasures and of course politics.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Discovering new music

After having been blogging about music for 9 years (1999 until early 2009) I started getting lazy and completely unmotivated. The passion for music seemed to have gone. Not entirely but almost. No longer was my stereo on 11 cranking out new music that I had heard other's speaking of, or bands that had cool sounding names. No longer did I scour the Internet and websites like stonerrock.com or hellridemusic. I didn't even want to participate in my own forum anymore.

I pondered a lot - why did this happen? Is it me or is music just getting boring? Am I going to ever get my love for music back? Was it the pressure of maintaining a website? Was it depression after realizing if I don't participate my site won't live? Probably all of it and more. I just got really tired of reviewing endless demos, trying to hook up interviews, trying to generate revenue to keep the site afloat.

It was hard enough to discover and realize that my once amazing website no longer was what it was. I had changed the entire look and feel (well, someone was paid to do it) and I lost all ability to easily upload reviews, interviews and music. That was the starting point, then the music died.

Now, taking trips to far away places and abandoned mills, industrial spots and so forth has rekindled that love. Not all the way but I just a jump for joy when I heard Air's new album was out. So I knew, music is still in my blood.

So here I am back here at Blogger, letting whoever comes by this page know - I'm back! Expect some music reviews (my terms, my choice), expect to find in your face honesty about the music I review here. Expect also to see new bands with funny names you may never of heard of before. And don't get all freaked out because it isn't the latest drivel on the radio - because it never will be. That shit gets enough press from those who are paid to do so. I'm not here for them. I'm here for you....

You being the indie band from somewhere, Universe.  It is your music I want to hear, promote, get into more. So this is for you guys who were with me from the beginning until now.

Cheers and see you in the posts.

The blog I linked to above is pretty damn cool and they have rare music up so have a visit, check around and rediscover your inner teenager.

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment